July 16, 2008
Blood Berries
Monday night Scott and I took the kids to pick blackberries down in Edgerton. We all wore pants and bug spray and thought it would be easy times. Yeah right!! I remember picking berries with my mom when I was a kid but when I filed that memory away I left out the thorns and the details that maybe only grown ups care about. I thought it would be easy and quick. Right off the bat the kids realized that it was hard work and there was pain involved so they picked a few berries and it was off to play they went. I think for the two hours we were there we came back with 5 Ziploc baggies of blackberries. They were yummy the few that I ate. I now have stained fingered and scratched up arms. Next time it will be long sleeves and gloves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment