September 20, 2008

Racial profile

OK I have had it with racial profiling. I started to get random text messages from my wireless carrier (cricket) and they are Spanish. Just because I have the last name of Romo, which happens to be Spanish does not mean that I speak Spanish. Today I go to the mail box and I got a magazine from Wal-mart. My first thought was how nice coupons. No it was a magazine all in Spanish. I am seriously annoyed! I want to write mean things on the magazine and send it back. grrrr

3 comments:

Laura said...

oh you are something else. That is so funny!

Courtney said...

I know exactly how you feel! When I sub in East Las Vegas, some of the Hispanic parents seem to feel very good about having their children in my care after they look at my name tag. They know I must have a Latin lover!! :-)

Unknown said...

You both are too funny! This is just he way it is. This happened often even 30+ years ago.

Just like your kids will be hearing the chant " Romo - homo" throughout the school years. It just seems to be the right of passage.