January 16, 2009

I'm gunna get ya

After school today we had to run some errands which Braden totally hates, he would rather be at home playing the PS2. To pass the boring time in the car, I taught him how to send text messages. So we are driving and he is texting away. After a few minutes I hear him giggling and he hands me the phone and says "here mom, I sent you a text message." This is what he wrote.

" Im gowing to git you you bedr run im gunna git you her i come."

I looked over at Braden and he was grinning from ear to ear. I started laughing and you could see the excitement in his face. He is a funny kid.

That is a line from a Laurie Berkner song. She sings silly nonsense songs that kids love. We would listen to that song over and over in the car because Braden loved that verse.

3 comments:

gina said...

that is so cute!!!

Angela said...

Love it! He is way ahead of some texters out there who don't spell out any words!!

Courtney said...

So I jumped into Saturday, and I had a baseball-batter day. Ha Ha, we have the DVD. Not only have I heard those songs a million times, but I've learned all the dance moves. Laurie Berkner has nothing on me. Why do kids love that stuff?