February 23, 2009

Mom, can I drink this?

On the way to school this morning Braden asked me if he could drink a yogurt. I knew he was hungry so I said sure, thinking it was from his lunch. I also knew that he packed two, so no big deal. (side note: Yes he packs his own lunch from a drawer full of healthy options, he needs to learn, and yes I do know what he takes.) Well after more questioning I find out that the yogurt that he just drank had been sitting in the church bag for a week and Scott had already told him that he could not drink it. I did not stray far from home today thinking the school nurse would have called to say he threw up or was horribly ill from drinking spoiled yogurt.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

So, did you get any calls? I think kids are like dogs in a way; they can eat just about anything, and it won't phase them. Not that kids are dogs or anything :-)

Unknown said...

Ooooeeeee, Yuck. However, I do remember when his Dad drank liquid soap and burped bubbles for a long time.

hydeski said...

That is awesome! I will have to save to food items for him to try the next time he comes over!