February 6, 2009

Sunny afternoon

The weather is amazing outside. It is a little windy but I have the windows open and we had a 10 minute picnic outside. Tristen wanted to play with the next door neighbor who was outside. So I have a million thoughts but not enough spunk to rant about them so I will just make a list.

1. I received my free organic milk coupons in the mail and it was yummy. I tasted it even though I am lactose intolerant. It reminded me of milk and cookies in kindergarten. I think it has to do with the milk being in a carton and not in a plastic jug. The taste of so yummy I almost made a glass of chocolate milk, but I remembered that I threw the Hershey's Chocolate syrup away because it has High Fructose corn syrup in it.

2. Speaking of High Fructose corn syrup, the corn growers of America want us all to believe that it is OK in moderation. Has anyone looked at the label of all the processed crap that is readily available at your local grocery? It is in everything, so how are we to do it in moderation? I know, run away. Let's see what it is in. Ketchup, rice crispies, most jellies unless you are buying Organic, applesauce, Hershey's chocolate syrup, most breads, all soda's unless you go diet and then you are consuming a chemical crap storm called aspartame. No matter how you look at it, it is not good for you.

3. I have this tacky blanket that I have been using since I was a kid. I actually took it from my mom and can't seam to let it go. It has been ripped in half and sewn back together. There are random holes, yet I still reach for the blanket when I go to sleep. It keeps me the right temperature, not to hot, not to cold. For the past little while Tristen has been seeking my blanket out and cuddling up on the couch for some cartoon watching. I think I just might have to let her take it and call it her own.

4. Kellogg's *smile* They dropped Michael Phelps for the photo of him that has surfaced of him smoking pot. Good for them.

5. Olivia is doing so much better this week. Her cough is now dry and she can breath. Last night she was finally able to sleep laying down. We have had her in her car seat next to the bed so I can hear her breath. Tonight she will be back in her crib. She has been an angel through this whole sickness.

6. I am currently obsessed with Facebook. Although you should never misspell facebook because a bad site will pop up and you just might have to wash your eyes out with bleach. There is a 25 random things about you that I am going to re post on my blog. It was hard to come up with 25 things at first but I think I could add 25 more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' FB too! I sat for an hour trying to come up with 25. Then after I posted it like 100 more things came to mind. *sigh*

Laura said...

I love your funny rants. I am totally there with you on the HFCS. Yuck!

The Martineaus said...

Hi Scott and Emily -- thanks for the post on my blog, what a fun surprise to hear from you! Your family is beautiful. Scott, I'm glad you found a smart and gorgeous wife! Good for you! I hope Olivia contintues to improve and heal quickly, it's so hard to have little ones with scary illnesses. I'm not on FB, but you can email me at martineau.erin@gmail.com.

God bless,

Erin

Courtney said...

I want some free organic milk coupons! It does taste so much better than the hormone packed antibiotic ridden milk. Too bad I'm cheap.