April 10, 2009

My two week list

1. We are adopting a dog today. I am as fickle as can be when it comes to having pets. I was a cat person growing up and I still like them just at arms length. So the past few months I have been entertaining the idea of a dog and the more I play around with it the more I wanted one. So Ellie will come to live with us this afternoon. She is a boarder collie/Lab mix. Yes I have done my research and I know the energy that these dogs posses. I am up for the challenge so keep your comments to yourself if you still want to be my friend. I hate being told that I can't do something, it gives me an incredible determination to prove everyone wrong. I will post pictures this afternoon.

2. Braden keeps losing his teeth. He has one right now that is seriously hanging on but will not twist it to get it out. The last tooth he lost was at school and he got a treasure box to hold it in.

3. Braden started baseball practice this past week. He is so excited, baseball is his favorite sport and he is good at it. They were hitting the ball to see what the kids could do and he was hitting home runs. We got the crappy practice time of 7:30 to 8:30 pm.

4. Olivia started crawling this week. It is more of an army crawl but she get around.

5. I am so excited that my favorite bread in the whole world is now made without High fructose corn syrup. It is the Buttermilk bread made by Oroweat. I know that I should eat the 100% whole wheat bread but I don't want to.

6. I broke my 16 year fever free streak 2 weeks ago, on our anniversary actually. We were at church and I started to feel sick. I had the chills and a massive headache. I ran a fever for three days before I went to the doctor. I had a sinus infection and both ears were infected. It was yucky.

7. During that three days of fever I wanted nothing to eat really except some soup. This is a tricky thing when you are not eating meat and you want vegetarian Vegetable soup. Scott searched high and low at our pathetic Wal-Mart and found the only Vegetarian Vegetable soup that they sold there. It was made by Campbell's and it had High fructose corn syrup in it. I was so ticked off that I sent an e-mail that I am sure was laughed at but made me feel better. In response they sent me a coupon to try some of there other products.

8. So how long do you have to go without meat to call yourself a vegetarian? It has been 10 weeks since my last run in with meat. I have not had any digestion problems since I stopped eating meat and I feel better. I also eliminated everything with HFCS and my hypoglycemia is under control now.

9. When Olivia is nursing she likes to play with her hair. She will use her little pinchers and pull her hair right above her ear. She also puts her chubby little hand on her forehead and pushes back and forth stroking her own head. It is adorable. If I try to play with her hair when she is eating she bats at my hand. She loves her daddy, anytime he walks in the room while I am nursing her she can not sit up fast enough to watch what he is doing.

10. I had my appointment with the Orthopedic doctor to discuss the swelling in my knees. Turns out my knee caps are being pulled to the outside of the knee and it is as simple as physical therapy to strengthen my muscles. I have a love hate relationship with exercise when I am nursing because it is almost impossible for me to lose weight. I will watch the calories and exercise like a fool and seriously gain weight. Only when I am nursing though.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ok so Camden does the same eact thing with his hair when he is nursing. He loves playing with my hair too.

Unknown said...

Thanks "M" for posting all the above. I love reading it! It really helps this Grandma who is so far away.

hydeski said...

Pass the meat and the corn syrup!