July 16, 2009

My annoying list

I am annoyed for no good reason right now. Writing always make it better. So here is my annoying list.

1.We took the kids to see Harry Potter and the half-blood prince. It was pretty good, despite being 2hrs and 45 minutes, previews included. Annoyed that they consider Thursday afternoon regular rates so we payed $7.50 instead of $5.00 to get in.

2. I love red vines and have been craving them all day and once I got to the store to buy them, I forgot to get them. I was hyper focused on getting the right kind of tortillas.

3. Temporary tattoos really annoy me. I try to avoid them at all costs. Really what are we teaching our kids with them anyway? That it is OK to defile our bodies as long as we can scrub it off tomorrow? What happens when they get old enough to get a real one? I don't know, I'm just saying.

4. So I have a lot of friends who have tattoos so don't get mad. I wanted one when I was 19 and I thank God everyday that I was never brave enough to go through with it. I even had a friend design one to go on my belly that would have showed off my belly ring, that is no longer there. Pregnancy changes and stretches your body and it would not be a cute thing now.

5. Which brings me to body piercings. Again, I had a belly ring and my tongue was pierced when I was crazy enough to do it. Once you become a mom... really? You are going to walk around the swimming pool with your kids, in a bikini that you should not be in, and show off your body piercings? For the love!! Again I am just saying. ( I am not referring to anyone I know, just a general observation at the local pool)

6. Teenagers and their public displays of affections at the pool. Need I say more.

7. Lazy people. I am not talking the kind of lazy where you don't fold the pile of laundry that is sitting at the end of your bed for a week. I am talking about the kind of lazy where you want others to help you because you are to lazy to help yourself...(Obama supporters)

8. I am annoyed that everything always smells weird to me. Like taking a shower this morning, the soap smelled like vomit and my peanut butter always smells like the jars I used in honors Biology to kill bugs for my bug collection.

9. To finish off the list, people who blog about how lame it is "beg" for comments and then turn around and ask questions on there blog that beg for answers.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Emily, I love you. You really got me with #8. There are no words, I'm just smiling.

Laura said...

um yeah #8 made me laugh so hard emmie. YOu are killing me...

Unknown said...

I echo the comments of Angela and Laura. You crack me up. I can just see and hear you as you typed all that up. You continue to make me smile.

I add my amen to the tattoo thing. I hope I live long enough to see these young bodies with roses tattooed on them become skinny vines as their skin stretches in ways they can never now imagine.

You really had your tongue pierced? I'm still laughing:)

Courtney said...

Loved it all. Get annoyed more often.