October 15, 2009

Food, babies and reading

1.Scott and I were talking about the baby the other day and Braden very seriously asked how the baby got in my belly. He asked me if I swallowed a magic pill. Oh I am so not ready for that talk.

2. Olivia has proved to be one you can not turn your back on for a moment. If it is quiet, she is into something she should not be into. Scott baby proofed all drawers and cabinets. It is a little annoying to not remember they are there. I curse them every time I go to brush my teeth.

3. I am loving this cold, dreary, rainy weather. It makes me feel cozy and happy.

4. Tristen can read. It makes me so proud to sit and listen to her sound things out and read.

5. I wore a heart monitor for a week because I felt like my heart would jump out of my chest. It only happens when I am pregnant so we got it checked out. Everything came back normal except my heart just beats extra beats. Completely normal, mildly annoying. I just have a happy heart.

6. I have gone from making most of my food from scratch to being so tired that my kids are lucky they get food. Cereal and toast are a staple for me right now and it is an extra special treat when dad is home because he will cook for us. I am starting my second trimester so I should get my energy back soon.

7. I have read two books this week that I enjoyed. One called Lemon Tart by Josie Kilpack and the other is Wings by Aprilynne Pike.

8. I am an emotional, irrational, anti-social mess right now. Pregnancy is the cause and the only cure is delivery, So don't take it personally.

9. I went to Utah for 5 days with Olivia. I had an internal battle with anti-social me and decided to go to the Temple Square reunion. I was so nervous and anxious to see my mission president as our parting was not ideal. I needed closure with the man and I needed him to see that I was ok. I left my mission against his approval but at the encouragement of my stake president. I had an eating disorder for almost 8 years and was getting worse. It was good to look him in the eyes and let him see that I am healthy and happy. Closure obtained.

No comments: