November 14, 2009

16 Weeks

With baby number one I would count down the days until I was able to go to the doctor again. It was so exciting to have your belly measured and hear the heartbeat. I felt like the most important person ever because I had a baby in my tummy. Maybe I was blinded by "first baby" love who knows. Now, being my fifth pregnancy, I find going to the doctor every four weeks a little time consuming. Our 16 week appointment was uneventful. I was weighed, something I always cringe over since I am sure there scales are always wrong. There is a 2lb discrepancy between my scale and hers, I know petty isn't it. I don't gain weight without there being a whole lot of grumbling on my part. She listened to the wee babes heart(125, pretty sure I am having a boy), and then sent to labs for blood work. She gave me a prescription for Zofran, 30 pills. I laughed knowing my insurance more then likely would not pay for them. I was wrong, insurance paid for 12 generic pills so now I get to decided out of 30 days of the month, which 12 do I want to feel great on. I guess since they are $40 bucks a pill I should be grateful that I don't have to pay out of pocket for them. So that was my 16 week appointment. Next month I get to find out if I am having a boy or girl.

No comments: