January 12, 2010

1. After a literal 3 weeks of no school, the kids are back this week and life is going back to normal. I do prefer them here but I forgot what it was like to take a nap in the middle of the day.

2. I don't watch a whole lot of T.V. but the other day while folding laundry I turned on a show called little miss perfect. It is about little kids and beauty pageants. It was very disturbing.

3. We have a mini iceberg on one side of our drive way that I am hoping will melt this week with the heat wave that's coming. It's also sad that we think 38 to 40 degrees is warm.

4. I had my 25 week appointment today and I knew the weigh in would not be kind, so I did my hair and make up to off set the number. It was not as bad as I thought but enough to rethink the Dr.pepper.

5. I also refused the glucose tolerance testing that is standard in all pregnancies. I am not high risk, this is my 5th pregnancy and I am exercising my rights and saying no! I think the nurse thought I was kidding because she tried to had me the nasty liquid and I refused. The Dr. tried to convince me that jelly beans were a great alternative but I refuse to overdose my self on sugar and get sick as a result.

6. If you are a believer in The Bachelor I suggest you stop reading now. A new season started last week and I told myself I would not watch it. Well I did the last hour and was dumbfounded at all the fake boobs and bleach blond hair. Is it a requirement to be on the show? Anyway it ended and I made up my mind it was a waste of brain cells to continue watching(sorry Angela). Then the previews came on. It appeared there was a huge scandal and it was going to be a juicy season. Well that was until I was told about reality Steve and his blog that gives you the raw details without wasting your life. Long story short there is no scandal, it's all for ratings.

7. I HATE dogs!! My dad would always correct me when I was younger and tell me that hate was a strong word and I didn't really hate something. Well grown up me has decided this word works just fine. I like the idea of having a dog, but not all the poop and barking enough to put up with a dog. I have also decided that I will no longer pretend to like yours either so don't be offended. Just to be fair I don't like cats either.

8. I am still nauseous. The doctor is still convinced it is heartburn and acid reflux so I am trying Prevacid. I am not holding my breath that it will work, but I am willing to try anything at this point.

9. Avatar was amazing. I don't buy into all the advertising and propaganda because I am usually left with high expectations and then very disappointed in the end. I am afraid that this might happen with Alice in Wonderland.

10. Scott changed the thermostat in my van and now it is very toasty! It was a $7.00 part that saved us almost $80.00.

11. I love Scott!! I love that he puts up with my quirky personality and most days finds it endearing. I love that he loves me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so fun. I love your quirkyness. It always makes me smile.

Proud of you in exerting yourself in YOUR personal medical decisions! I bet they don't get much of that.

We both agree Scott is wonderful.

By the way your baptism pictures look better than mine. They look great! Thanks for sharing.