March 10, 2010

1. When Scott and I got married he had several plants that annoyed me. I would not water them so they would die. They were the kind you could ignore for a month then give them water and they would pop right back. I feel bad I eventually threw them away.

2. (deleted by author) Sparing you the incessant whining about how much I hate dogs, especially the ones that bark at every bird or noise they hear.

3. When I buy candy I sometimes hide it from my kids because I don't want to share.

4. I am sensitive about kids being labeled. Maybe it's because I have a learning disability in Math and I was in the "special" math class from kindergarten to the end of high school.

5. I am anti social. I would rather sit at home then go hang out. With that said I do have a need to feel a part of something but only on my terms. If forced or pushed into social settings I get feisty. I am also horrible at maintaining friendships.

6. I realized that my aversion to all things stinky started at a young age. In second grade I sat next to a boy that had personal hygiene issues. I remember he had asthma and was always puffing away on an inhaler. He smelled liked pepperoni pizza and greasy hair. I went to a birthday party, at pizza hut, once and I watched stinky boys dad scrape the plaque off his teeth and then eat it.

7. Sat by another boy that always smelled like Olive oil.

8. Tristen starts soccer practice tonight as long as it does not rain. She asked me if she could wear her shin guards and soccer shoes to bed last night.

9. I have been buying Almond milk for Braden at target for 2.99 for 32 oz, that is 6.00 for a half gallon. It's a hard price to swallow but he will drink it. He hates rice milk and soy milk to me is all kinds of wrong. So we made a trip to whole foods and came across the Almond milk for 2.99 for a half gallon. I will be stocking piling when we make the trips over there.

10. I had some hard news to swallow yesterday at my Dr. appointment. I guess the practice is making a conservative move and they will not strip your membranes till you are at least 39 weeks. Talk about pissing a pregnant woman off, that is the only reason I continue to go to her. I was going to switch doctors but knew she would "help" things along at 38 weeks. Come hell or high water, I will get my way.

11. Just caught Olivia red handed with a screw driver. She was "picking" the locked door. Hope this means she is not inclined to a life of crime. I will chalk it up to wanting more chocolate chips out of the pantry.

12. Pretty sure this child will have no name. I love my husband, but we can not agree on a name. All the names I find are apparently crazy and off the wall. So here is an example of names that will never appear on our family tree. Piper, Tatum, Emerson, Ella, Savannah, Madeline, Amelia or Sailor.On a positive note we have a middle name so I will work with that.

5 comments:

Angela said...

I love your rant lists! #6 is especially fun.

Kim said...

Emily, I absolutley love you! You are hilarious. I miss you!
ps...name her Hadley!

Caitlin said...

The more of your rants I read, the more I'm convinced that we're really related. Yay for anti-social-would rather stay at home people with over-active sniffers!

Unknown said...

I love you. You are so fun! So are you telling me that Bailey is out?

Emily said...

Yeah we decided not to use Baylee. We are waiting till she is born to "name" her. It will probably take that long to agree on a name anyway.