* Our Easter weekend was kind of a bust. I was in bed sick with the flu bug that is going around. We had an egg hunt on Saturday because Scott is back on Sundays for a few weeks. Braden feels gypped and now believes the Easter bunny is not real. Which is fine by me, he is 8 and I don't know how long your supposed to disillusion your kids to believe that a giant rabbit is running from house to house leaving chicken eggs behind. I think by 5 or 6 they need to know that the Easter bunny is not real. I think we should focus more on Christ and the resurrection and not on Capitalism. The only Easter I remember as a young child was the year my parents tied little baggies of jelly beans to the tree branches that lead us to a small clearing in the woods by our house. There we read from the scriptures and talked about our Savior. That is what I want for my kids.
* I do however think it's fine to believe in the tooth fairy. Mostly because it doesn't cheapen our Savior and it only costs me a few dollars a tooth. Growing up, we got a quarter, that is if our parents remembered.
* Miss Olivia was able to secure a tube of toothpaste and smeared it all over her arms and legs as if it were lotion. I wish I took some pictures but I was hyper focused on getting her and the carpet cleaned before she touched anything else.
* Nesting is still in full effect. I got the carpet cleaner out, and the hand tool decided it would spray water, so I cleaned the carpet in the basement and the stairs. It was exhausting but I was able to cross it off my list. I still have painting that I would like to get done but I'm just tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment