April 13, 2010

Lawn care, more toothpaste and what ifs?

1. Scott and I don't know the first thing about lawn care. I know how to mow and walk away. As a result, our lawn in littered with clover and various other weeds. This has bugged me for several years but not enough to do anything about it. I toyed with calling a lawn service but just can't justify the money spent. So we took a trip to Ace hardware and they have it all mapped out for you. I am now on a quest to have a dark green, weed free lawn by summers end.

2. As a mother you know the many different cries of your child. I could hear Olivia crying this afternoon but was not sure where it was coming from. It was a little frantic, kinda like she was stuck and could not get out. Tristen found her first, she was in the kids bathroom with the door shut. She was standing in her diaper, by the sink and EVERYTHING was covered in hand soap.

3. Last night I found her in the kids bathroom, sitting in the sink covered in pink toothpaste. Seriously, I can not tell you how many times a day I tell my kids to turn off the light and shut the door. I keep my bathroom door locked all the time because she loves putting on my deodorant, squirting lotion all over the place and eating her own toothpaste. Most of these things are behind child locks but she will open the drawer and stick in her little hand and grab at whatever she can get.

4.Olivia has a busted fat lip. She tried to fight the fireplace and her top teeth bit through her bottom lip. I have never seen so much blood. I was just grateful that her teeth were not harmed. I will gets some pictures tomorrow. She went to bed right after it happened.

5. 3 more days. I still have a pretty good size list of things that I want to get done, but my energy spurts are few and far between this week. Raking the thatch in the backyard and weed eating along the house and fence, did me in for the day.

6. Had my Dr. appointment this past Monday, nothing exciting to report. Still dilated to a 2 and now 60% effaced. My doctor still feels that this baby is not going to be very big at all. Guess that makes for easy delivery.

7. I had a panic moment again yesterday. What if I am having a boy. We never got the real money shot, just a bunch of well I think it's a girl but it's to early to call. That was my 16 week Sono when I found out I had a Kidney stone. At my 20 weeks sono, the little babe had her legs crossed tightly and was not moving. I'm sure it's a girl but what if? I don't have one single boys name on my radar. Or any boy clothes for that matter.

1 comment:

Kings Choice Cavaliers said...

I love Olivia stories!

Green lawn? Try Scott's Turf Builder II. Call Tony, we always had a great lawn. People would stop him and ask him how he did it.

I can't count the number of times Olivia's Uncle Jay put his teeth through his bottom lip. Now that he is all grown up, you wouldn't even notice. He's on to bigger and better things, like titanium rods to replace his tib and fib from playing a rough soccer game last year.

A boy? Wouldn't that be fun. You know, Heavenly Father does have a sense of humor.

Oh, by the way, your pinewood derby car is great! Congratulations!