1. Scott surprised us all over spring break with a trampoline for the kids. We both have reservations and fears of course, but sanity won the debate. The reality of having another baby in a few short weeks and with summer in the distance, we needed something to keep the kids worn out and mama happy. Thus far, the kids are on it every chance they get and my house is quieter.
2. We have had more then our fair share of Dr. visits this past Winter and spilling over into Spring. Olivia and Molly are as good as can be expected until they get tubes a week from today. Tristen is on the tail end of her antibiotic for a Strep rash and Braden just started his antibiotics for Bronchitis. Scott even managed to get the Flu over Spring break. Holy cow, can we all just get healthy already.
3. Speaking of Doctors, we have talked about switching Pediatricians for some time now and with Asher almost here we just decided to do it. Molly and Olivia had new patient appointments with a Dr that we liked from the hospital. I am an extremely loyal person so I feel like I'm cheating and sneaking around by leaving a Dr that we have been with for 6 years. So after our initial appointment, it's clear that my husband and this Dr are going to have a throw down. He is very direct and tells you what to do, which rubs Scott the wrong way. I'm going to give him some time because he is a great Dr. I didn't care for his persistence on giving me daycare referrals just in case I would change my mind and put my three kids in daycare. I'm still baffled. Also he took Olivia's stink eye personally and decided she is not a happy child, he is concerned. Whatever!! She is a delightful child once you get past the stink eye. They had a stare down for the entire time we were there and she one.
4. I switched my OB Dr last month and I'm questioning the reasoning for doing so. She was nice enough but was not the Dr I originally wanted to see from the beginning. When I met the new Dr I loved her but for the past two appointments she has been called out to deliver babies and I get stuck with a Mid wife. I'm still mulling over this decision and might go back to the 1st Dr, then I would know for sure that I would be induced Easter weekend. Decisions, decisions.
5. I curse at my iPhone multiple times a day. October 11, 2011 can not come soon enough and the 4G will be mine.
6. Back to Molly for a minute, she is a lot behind on her shots because her 2 mo visit left her screaming for 6 hours. This was not a normal reaction to me so I choose to delay them. Now that she is almost a year we are going to get caught up. The new office does not group the shots together and does them all individually. I like this better so if she is going to react to one at least we will know which one it is.
Molly's stats for her 9 mo visit
Weight: 20lbs 8 oz. 51%
Length: 29 1/2 in 77%
Olivia's stats for her 2 year visit
Weight: 33lbs 8oz 88%
Length: 37 1/4 in 73%
1 comment:
I love all the blog entries! I'm with Scott, you've got to have a Dr. that you can work with and isn't intimidated by Olivia's "stink eye." Heck, if the stink eye from a 2 year old intimidates him no wonder he and Scott lock horns... "Geesh."
I can relate on the shots. Elise had a horrible reaction to the pertussis and the MMR. She couldn't walk for about a week.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you soon.
Post a Comment