1. The babies are sleeping and the computer is free, so time to play catch up. Today was my original due date and I'm afraid if I held on that long, this sweet little baby would have been over 9lb. He is my biggest and longest baby by far. He was measuring 20 inches in the hospital but at our pediatricians office he measured 23 inches long. No wonder I was so uncomfortable the last month and with his every move I thought he was going to fall out.
2. The epidural worked so good I couldn't feel my legs until after 10:00PM. It was a somewhat helpless feeling once Scott left for the evening and I had to pee. I was not a fan of having a nurse walk me to the bathroom and then make small talk with me as I forced myself to go the bathroom. I like to do such things alone, when I'm at home I have an audience of small kids, I don't really need an adult doing the same thing.
3. Switching Doctors and Hospitals turned out to be a great experience for this last baby. I have always delivered at SMMC and this time switched to OPR. I was not a impressed with breakfast and wish I had been warned. NASTY!! I ended up eating graham crackers and 7up instead.
4. So with Asher being born on April 22, 2011 my sister informed me that he will forever share his special day with the made up Liberal holiday we call Earth day. I'm all for keeping our earth clean and whatever but really? My kids came home from school brain washed from the school assembly about how much water we waste by taking a shower. It's not a waste if I'm paying the bill, I like to be clean. I also like to turn on every possible source of electricity during "Earth hour" just because I can. I have a terrible rebellious streak that has to be channeled into silly stuff like this.
5. I did a Mary Kay facial last week with a friend of Scott's from work. She knew my past with MK so didn't try to sell me the business. It was nice and relaxing but I woke up the next morning with a zit on the tip of my nose. So annoying! She asked me a few questions about myself and I was stumped on how difficult they were to answer. Things like, what are your hobbies and interests? Really? I have 5 kids, I didn't know it was possible to have hobbies or interests outside your kids. I could tell her what they used to be but right now, at this moment, kids are my life. If I sat down to do something that I wanted to do, Olivia or Molly would probably burn the house down or something. Those 2 are mischief I tell ya. I'm just going to embrace this season of my life and do nothing but focus on my kids, and I'm okay with that.
6. I'm hesitant to write this next entry because most everyone already thinks my kids are up to no good, mostly because that is how they are portrayed on my blog. I have a habit of documenting the naughty things they do because it makes for great writing and memories for later. My girls really are sweet and somewhat busy but that's not who they are. With that said, I was nursing Asher this afternoon and I could hear Olivia in the front yard. Tristen let me know that she took off her clothes and peed on the front porch. Meanwhile Molly was playing in her room and I put Asher down to check on her. I found her at the top of the bunk bed ladder making her way onto the top bunk. Holy crap!! She just turned 1, she should not know how to climb a ladder. The ladder is now being stored in the closet until evening time when Molly is sleeping.
7. I can finally breath, I don't have to drink baking soda water to make the heartburn go away, I can hug Scott and there is no longer a beach ball between us, I can see my feet and now maybe repaint my toes, I can eat red sauce and not get massive heartburn, my wedding ring fits again, my skinny clothes however do not, I can cradle Molly close again and did I mention that I can breath. I'm gladly walking away and closing this chapter in my life and I can honestly say I'm not sad. 6 pregnancies in 11 years is taxing and I want to reclaim my body.
8. I'm pretty sure the next several years I will be preoccupied, distracted, frazzled, exhausted, unreliable and completely unavailable. Just don't take it personally.
1 comment:
"Amen" to all of the above.
Post a Comment