June 20, 2011

Pitty, Love and Play dough

*I have been sitting on my bedroom floor since 5:00ish, feeling sorry for myself.  Scott was up at an unreasonable hour getting ready for youth conference this week. 3 long, hot days with out my Scott. I have already cried twice just thinking about it.  I have been in denial about this adventure for several months, I even refused to engage conversation about said trip because I didn't want him to leave. Sigh. He left. However, I'm not going to wallow in self pity all day because I have things to do.

* We had great lessons at church yesterday, they were about our talents we have been given.  This is something that I have struggled with for a really long time.  I have a laundry list of talents that I feel personally gypped out of, Piano, Watercolor painting, Gardening, Sewing, to name a few.  These are all outward talent that I would sell one of my children for(not really), but yesterday I was reminded of the inward talents that I have been blessed with. The one that I cherish the most and that comes so easily for me is Love.  I remember right before Tristen was born, I found myself in a puddle of tears, I was genuinely concerned that there would not be enough love.  How could I possibly love another baby as much as I loved Braden. It was a silly concern because the moment that babe was placed in my arm I knew I loved her something fierce. My heart is always full and bursting most days with the love that I feel for my family.

* So Asher is 2 mo old already and the time just keeps flitting by. There are not enough hours in my day. I realized that although I have pictures of him, there are not enough. I have decided the laundry can wait, and the dishwasher can be unloaded later. I'm taking my camera and making memories with my kids. They are so precious to me and I want to never forget the giggles and chaos that explodes from my house.

* I have caught the coupon bug. I LOVE coupons. I don't think I will ever "extreme" coupon but it's nice to see your bill be cut in half at the end of your shopping excursion.

* Braden is finishing out another great season in Baseball. I love watching him play. I love the experience of being at the ball fields at night, past the kids bedtime.  I love my kids Gatorade stained lips and their sticky fingers from the candy they have been holding. I love the dirt and grass stained clothes and their sweaty little faces.

* Today I'm taking my kids to Walmart to buy an excessive amount of side walk chalk and we are going to color every inch of the drive way in bright crazy madness and drink raspberry lemonade. Then we will make homemade Jello play dough and I won't even care if it gets smashed into the carpet.  There will be lots of pictures soon.

* I have discovered the music of Jack Johnson, Lurve it!!  

* Let the day begin.

1 comment:

Katie Koivisto said...

You neglected to mention how amazing your writing skills are. I adore the way you write about your little perhe {family}. I'm sure it's an inward talent:)