September 10, 2011

Around here

*Been awake since 4:00am, I'm sure later in the day I will crash but I couldn't go back to sleep.

* Asher developed a cough and after 4 days we took him to the Dr. Turns out my little man has Pneumonia, he is now on 2 antibiotics, 1 liquid steroid, 1 inhaled steroid and Albuterol to open up his lungs. His cough might sound a little better but not much. His new wake up time lately has been 5:30am, he started cooing and making gurgling sounds.

* There is a life lesson to be learned in every trial we face, I have been battling the same trial for 16 years and I still can't figure out what exactly I'm supposed to be learning.

* 4 ER visits in less then 2 months, whomever cursed us can stop now, it's getting ridiculous.  It was almost 5 after Tristen wrecked her bike.  She prolly needed stitches on her chin but since it was the underside of her chin, we slapped a band aid on the sucker and called it good.

* It seams every few days my heart is pricked and I am reminded of how blessed I am to have 5 beautiful, healthy children. This past week marked the 1 year anniversary of  Kade Meyer's tragic death. It still feels like it happened yesterday with the emotions that surface without warning.  My heart aches so much for his parents.

* I can go to most any store with my children and it will be for the most part calm and manageable, except WalMart.  Our woes started in the parking lot, Livy was crying because she dropped her baby doll in the water and it was all dirty, Braden was getting Molly out of her car seat, dropped her, she came spilling out of the car onto the wet and dirty ground.  There was blood, tears and piercing screams.  There I am in the parking lot with 5 kids and 2 of them are screaming.  I can only imagine what people where thinking as they were walking by staring at me. Most days I find the sympathetic stares amusing but today I wanted to flip them off. After getting the littles settled, we made our way to the front doors and were saved by a church group pandering for money, they had dum dum suckers. Yes!! I thought for sure it would be easy peasy from here. I waited patiently in line at the Pharmacy until the lady behind me was tired of waiting so she decided to get in front of me in the line. Really? I swear things like this only happen to me and only happen at WalMart. I'm speechless and dumb founded, lucky me the pharmacy lady knew I was next and asked me how I could be helped.  The line  jumping lady had the nerve to get all huffy and irritated she was not being helped. I stared her down and told her I was there first, and there was a line. O to the M to the Gee, really?  So we drop off the prescription and head off for a few groceries. Molly is pacified with her dum dum and Olivia is not crying, that is until she decides to get goofy and run around the basket. I warned her that she might would get hurt. What happens the very next moment? I run over her toes with the basket, not once but twice. You see a pattern here? WalMart=Chaos. At this point I'm ready to snatch up all my children, leave the basket and go home. So now we have Olivia crying a river and pleading for a band aid, Molly is screeching because her sucker is no more, Braden and Tristen wanting random things on the shelf and Asher is starting to file him complaints that he is getting hungry.  The black cloud was swirling overhead and I decided to cut my losses and head straight to the checkout. Sigh. This never happens at Target, it's a happy store.

* Molly is a very orally fixated child.  Everything must go into her mouth for inspection, and I mean everything. Yesterday alone the child was caught trying to eat wood, sand, lint, the fuzzy stuff on her diaper, Spackle from the wall and bird poop.  I can't take my eyes off the girl. We are going to have a chat with her pediatrician and in the mean time give her a multivitamin just in case she is iron deficient. I don't want her to end up on the TV show 'My Strange Addiction' eating toilet paper and laundry soap.

* So the July heat wave that blessed us with 100-114 degree heat for an entire month, left us with 2 expenses. 1. An astronomical electric bill.(We will now be eating beans and rice for the next month)  2. Warped blinds in the living room, they are as wavy as a piece of bacon.

No comments: