We were desperate to feel the warm rain on our skin. Sitting at home we watched the storm clouds build and bubble about, but it just wouldn't not rain on us. So what did I do? I scooped up the kids in the van and floored it. If it was not going to rain on us, we were going to go find the rain. We made it to the East side of Gardner where the streets were still wet and the air was heavy with the smell of wet earth and rain. So we kept driving East until the heavens opened up and the blinding rain made it hard to see. I had the windows rolled down and the rain was poring into the car. My children must of thought I was a lunatic because they were begging for the windows to go up. I pulled the car over and jumped out of the car. The kids were hesitant at first but once Olivia saw the mud puddles she was stomping and dancing with me. The summer heat of 2012 was insufferable and oppressive but this sweet memory of my kids dancing in the rain was kinda worth it.


No comments:
Post a Comment