* It's 71 degrees outside and I'm already feisty because its to warm.
* My younger kids like to say hi to everyone they see in the grocery store and then say "bye crocodile!"
*A pair of birds set up shop in our grill this past month. We watched them build the nest, lay the eggs and we waited patiently for them to hatch. There were 5 baby blue eggs and everyone of them hatched on a warm spring afternoon. The same night the weather changed and the temps dropped to near freezing. Poor birds froze to death. I'm pretty sure the mom bird flew into the back of the house and died, leaving the babies without a chance. It's sad, but such is life. They were ugly little suckers, all naked with no feathers.
* I really liked the idea of HE (high efficiency) washing machines, that is until we got one. They do not clean clothes as good and I find myself washing clothes 2 or 3 times. I have tried putting less clothing in the washer, different detergent and I still resort to hand scrubbing a lot of the spots. Then there is the liquid fabric softener which I find does not get dispersed throughout the load and ends up in concentrated spots. I want my old water wasting machine back!!
* Molly tells me on a daily basis that she does not like me anymore. I wish it phased me like it did when my first born spewed his frustration in my direction at the age of 3. Hearing it from your first child is heartbreaking but coming from number 4, its like water on a ducks back.
* Scott and I decided to move our bed to the cold basement. We now have a playroom for all of the kids chaos and toys, and we get to enjoy a much cooler sleeping environment.
* Today was walk to school day, seeing as there are no sidewalks from here to there, I dropped her off a safe distance from the crossing guard and sent her on her way. I was nervous so I sat there and watched until she made it across the street. In a perfect world I would have walked her there myself, but doing so would require an act beyond my ability at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment