May 28, 2008

12 October 2006 I am a Slacker

Thu, 12 Oct 2006
We are slackers

So this was my undertaking and I have failed to "follow through", so I am starting again today. I really forgot the password and that is my official excuse. So let’s get y'all updated on the current events in our humble abode. Some might be aware that Braden has started full time preschool as of August 22, he was reluctant to go the first few weeks but now he loves Miss Maggie, his very loving and very patient teacher. Braden has a very active body and mind and the teachers love him up there, they have him in the office during nap time and he makes up wild stories about how many pets he has at home. His new best friend of the week is Miss Katie and she almost got to see the pet donkey in his pocket but he is still to shy to come out and say hi to everyone. He also told the staff in the office that he has 70 animals at home and he started naming them off, a cat, a dog, a sister, everyone lost it on that one. He also could not think of 70 names so he changed him mind about the animals, although the donkey is still in his pocket. He was evaluated today for a preschool program geared toward social and emotional development. Initially he did not qualify but they are doing the intake interview over as it was not done properly the first time. We are praying that he qualifies because it is a free program and I will not have to worry about transportation after morning preschool is over, he will be taken from Open Arms by bus to the Step Ahead program in Edgerton, Ks about 5 miles from the house. Tristen is blossoming into a little princess and I am eating every moment of time that I have with her. I have felt she has been on the back burner for a long time with Braden demanding so much attention. She was content to sit back and do her own thing but now we get mommy time in the morning. She is totally in love with Strawberry Shortcake and all the cute cartoons that are on DVD. I am still trying to understand what the fascination is about undressing the dolls and leaving them without clothing because that is what all her friends do when they come over to visit. Oh well kids will be kids there is no since in trying to understand the logic of a 3 yr old. Scott and I are doing well. Scott works a lot to support the family and is also taking a public speech class online which sounds funny but works great for him. I am heading off to St. Louis, Mo tomorrow with a group of friends from church to go to Time out for Women. I missed it last year and I am really excited to get away for a little break from kid duty, makes you love them even more when you get back. Ok I am done. Bye

No comments: