September 2, 2008

Got Milk?

After two weeks of crying and frantic sucking on Olivia's part, Scott and I have discovered why she is so. She is hungry! After about nine long hours of crying Scott suggested that I give her a bottle and see if that helps. So the free samples of formula they hand out in the hospital were not in vain. Once I put the bottle in her mouth and she got the feel for it, she sucked it down and was dead asleep in less then 10 Minutes. I am still not sure how I am supposed to feel about this. I have never experienced a baby taking a bottle of formula. I was the formula and there were never any bottles. I feel sad that she is not getting enough of what she needs from me. *sigh* I guess you do what you have to do, but I am not giving up. I might just have a "nurse in" where you literally nurse all day to stimulate milk production.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily! I've had this problem with all of mine & found that not so many moms do. I felt terrible at first and wondered what the heck! All my sisters are like utter queens! I finally came to terms and got over it. There was nothing I could do, so I still nursed with all of them as much as they would. However they all came to wanting more bottle and less boob. Darnit! I know what you are going through or went through. It's not your fault girl :) She's a doll by the way!!