January 31, 2009

RSV and Pneumonia





I keep avoiding the blog because it takes so much mental energy that I do not have right now. Olivia has been very sick and she takes up every moment of the day. When she goes to sleep, I am doing mundane things like laundry, and cleaning. I have also decided to quit moaning about the baby weight and I am being proactive to make it go away. There are several girls from church that are running the hospital hill 5k and 10k in June, so I have started training so I can run again. So back to Olivia, I did not think it was possible to have RSV and Pneumonia at the same time, but I am not a doctor so what do I know. She is an amazing little baby and she is always happy, so this is not affecting her behavior, she just can't breath well. I was babysitting on Thursday and I noticed that she was whistling and breathing out of her mouth, so I called Scott at work and he sent the Paramedics over to the house. I did not want the drama of the firetrucks and police, that is why I called Scott and not 911. They got there and listened to her lungs and she was wheezing pretty good so she got a breathing treatment and we took her to the Doctor later that day. We are blessed that she is not hospitalized and able to be home, now we just have to get her better, so sick people stay away! She does have a cute little pediatric mask that she takes her breathing treatments out of. I will post a picture later today.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Emily...I'm sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery!
I hope she is better soon!

Good for you on the running! I wish you the best!

Libby said...

Poor kiddo. I'm glad her spirits are still high. What a trooper.

Courtney said...

Ohhhhh... That's the saddest little picture. It's scary how they can get sick so fast. It must be nice to have a paramedic for a husband. That would put my mind at ease a bit. Give her kisses for us.

Unknown said...

She is such a little trooper and so are you. Olivia's eyes are just haunting... I just want to fly there right now and hold her.

Laura said...

Ah poor little baby girl! She sure is cute though! I am glad she is still happy despite everything.

Leslie said...

My cousins baby just got out of the hospital for RSV. I'm glad you guys didn't have to go to the hospital too.