So I can not stand (imitation)Maple syrup. It is sickly sweet, sticky, and it smells like urine. Scott brought home some real organic maple syrup from the store today and I was so excited to see what the real thing tasted like. Man am I disappointed, it was way to sweet and it tasted like soy sauce.
4 comments:
"It was way to sweat and tasted like soy sauce." I am still trying to digest that one. Anyway, you give it to Trey. I hear he likes soy sauce and he is always looking to make a new super secret sauce.
The after taste was like soy sauce. Guess I should have clarified that.
I think you just might be so used to HFCS that the real stuff is gross to you. I like the real stuff now. A little goes a long way.
Ha! I tried real maple syrup recently too. It was from Vermont, even! And I, too, was very excited...until I tried it...it was overwhelming, but tasted more like tree sap. Blech.
I make my own home-made syrup. I use imitation maple, but we like it SO much better than store-bought syrup.
Post a Comment