May 28, 2009

Baby Bird

Oh how I wish I had a picture for this story so you can see what a tender sweet spirit my son has. Tristen came running into the house yelling excitedly that her friend had a baby bird in his death grip. Upon examination, the baby bird was cowering in the wagon, afraid for it's life. I would be to with what happened to the baby frog last week. Death by trampoline. Focus. So I am trying to get Scott to help the bird when Braden runs in and get the rubber gloves from the drawer. He quickly rushes out the door and I see him walk around the house with baby bird cupped in his hand. "I am going to save him and put him back in his nest." he says. He was on his tippy toes nudging baby bird back into it's nest. In the background you hear the angry scream of mama and papa bird. The bird arrived safely. I did not have the heart to tell Braden that the bird might not live. Birds are funny like that. You touch the nest, eggs, or babies and the mom and dad fly the coup and the babies will starve.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That is very sweet. I do not want to read a future post about a dead baby bird. Please tell me the baby bird gets attention from his mama and they live happily ever after, the end.