May 24, 2009

Finger paint

I bribed my daughter. I told her that after the doctors visit we would go to Target and I would let her get a small toy for the "trauma" she goes through while we are there. She chose finger paints. I am all for creative expression. Later that night the kids convinced me it was time to finger paint and they assured me it would stay on the paper. A while later I was feeding Olivia and not really paying attention to what the kids were doing and I felt a cold splat on my arm. It was finger paint. I look up to see Tristen covered in paint up to her elbows. She was making hand prints on the towel she so carefully placed out on the floor. Oh but it was not just one towel, there were 6 towels covered with her cute little hands and Bradens little hands. They both told me it was an "accident", they were trying to wipe their hands off. I was pretty upset because it was all over the table and bench and the carpet. I calmed down quickly because I remembered that I had enough sense to at least buy the washable kind because I knew there would be some mess. I was just not expecting it to be so large.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh yeah, I don't let finger paint in my house. But,I saw a great idea on one of my sister's friend's blog. She taped a long piece of what looked like butcher paper on the driveway for the kids paint on it. You just hose away the mess!