September 19, 2009
Doctor visit : 8 weeks today
I decided that with my last pregnancy it would be nice to change doctors so I could deliver at a hospital closer to my digs. Thought that would be an easy task so I started asking around and I kept getting the same name. Great, I made an appointment and was excited to meet the new doctor. Well the day before I was to go I found out that she is very conservative and will not really do anything until your due date or till you are over due. (Insert tires screeching) What? Deal breaker, no questions asked. My old doctor stripes membranes at 38 weeks and if your body is not ready then nothing will happen. So I cancelled that appointment and called another office that was spoken highly of and I was laughed at. The lady making the appointments literally laughed at me when I told her I wanted to make a new patient appointment. She laughed and said it would be a long time before said Doc could see me. I said forget it because of her etiquette. I bet if the Doc knew she was laughing at patients, her behind would not have a job. So I decided I was tired of trying to find a Doc and went back to my own. The appointment went fine, we got to see the little bean and see the heart beating. We were only a week off the original due date, which is now April 30th. Guess my hormone levels are kicking this time because I was only one week pregnant when I found out. Which only means this is going to be the longest pregnancy ever. I will also be seeing a cardiologist this next week about the heart palpitations that have started again. I had them real bad the last month with Olivia and they started up again about a month ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry she didn't work for you, I liked her, but I like to be right on or a little over my due date because I'm so paranoid! Good luck with everything!
Just thought I would pop over and say HI! I hope to get to feelin' better soon!
I think you're smart for being choosy about your doctors. I'm keeping you in my prayers, and please keep me posted about the heart palp's. It's probably benign, but better to check it out and make sure. Best wishes and congrat's again!
Post a Comment