November 14, 2009

This morning I was in my room when I heard the frantic cries and screaming from Tristen and Braden. They were begging for help. I could hear in the tone of their voices that something was wrong. I ran to the Dinning room and I find Olivia in the air vent on the floor, and Braden had her by both arms trying to pull her out. She had taken the cover off and when she tried to stand in there, it gave way and she fell. She was stuck and all I could see was her arms and head. I am not sure if it was possible for her to fall all the way through but if she had, she would have landed in the laundry room. After what seamed like forever, really only a few seconds, I was able to free her from the vents clutches. The first thing Scott did when he got home was drill the vent to the floor so this could not happen again.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I never thought of a child actually fitting in a vent, but they can. That is scary. we have had fingers stuck in the cover but have not tried to climb in one.
Smart move on screwing it down.
hopefully it did scare them enough not to try it again.

Unknown said...

Another Olivia adventure. This one has this grandma shaking her head... who would have thought this was possible. This is one adventure that is new to the Romo clan, and I thought I'd pretty much experienced it all.

The Martineaus said...

Another great use for an electric drill, holy cow. It's amazing how many ways kids can find to give their parents an adrenaline rush.

Caitlin said...

Reminds me of my favorite movie as a kid...the story of Jessica McClure...the little girl in TX that fell down the well...at least you freed her all right:) Just another adventure