December 17, 2009

My heart is not in this right now so I will make a list.

1.Right before Thanksgiving we found out we are having a Girl!! Braden is a little unhappy about the whole thing for two reasons. 1. It's a girl. 2. We are naming her Baylee and he thinks it sounds like Bay Leaf. I am hoping it grows on him.

2. Tristen lost another tooth on the bottom. She was chewing on her hello kitty purse and bit a little to hard and it popped the sucker right out.

3. For the past month we have been to the Dr. more times then I can count. I am grateful for our awesome health insurance and Scott's flex spend account so we get the money back. Olivia has had double ear infections that would not go away so she was on two rounds of antibiotics. Braden has had pink eye, and I am pretty sure he is coming down with strep throat as we speak. His throat, and I quote, "hurts in deadly pain."

4.The same day we found out that we were having a girl I also found out that I have a rather large kidney stone in my right kidney. I also have hydronephrosis in the right kidney as well. That just means the urine is not draining into the bladder. No one seams alarmed as this is common during pregnancy on the right side. The stone will have to wait and be taken care of after this baby comes. It is resting in the bottom of my kidney minding it's own business for now.

5. I am searching for a new Urologist as the first one I consulted was a moron and I will not be returning to him. Anyone know of someone good?

6. I am now closing in on week 22 of this pregnancy and I have nothing good to say except I am glad it's almost over. I am overly tired all the time, nauseous and am racked with headaches that spiral into migraines without a whole lot of warning. Dr.Pepper has become my new friend.

7. I have been reading a whole lot of books lately. I read one last night called the chosen one. It pretty much pissed me off. It was about a 13 yr old girl who has grown up in a compound of polygamists. She is told by there "prophet" that she is to marry her 60 yr old uncle. The abuse and unrighteous dominion was sickening.

8. New Moon, twice.

9. Alice in Wonderland, March 5, 2010. I secretly hope it will show in 3D.

10. Scott has started his own CPR business and has been teaching some classes.

11. Olivia is still up to no good. Her new thing is playing in the fireplace ashes in the morning. She climbs into her high chair and then onto the kitchen counters. She will put your tooth brush in the toilet if the seat if left open. Scott was chopping wood the other night when it was like 6 degrees outside and Olivia opened the backdoor and went out there in nothing but her diaper and onsie. She was so cold, I wrapped her up in my electric blanket and we snuggled. I think she was to cold to fight me off. She does not snuggle.

12. I decided that laying down with Olivia every night for over an hour was a complete waste of my time so I decided it was time to cry herself to sleep. I was amazed that it only took 3 or 4 days. Now when I tell her it is bed time she will walk to her room and start to climb into the crib. I was holding her and singing to her to settle her down but now she just lunges to the crib and goes to bed. I hope potty training goes this well.

13. The dentist and orthodontist will be making a lot of money off of us starting now. Braden's teeth are nice and health but they are a disaster spatially. He has to have what is called tongue thrust therapy, which is basically retraining the tongue to rest in the roof of his mouth. When he swallows his tongue pushes forward and the constant movement is pushing his teeth out and side ways. He has to do the therapy first before we can talk braces because his tongue will eventually undo the work the braces did. Poor Tristen was born with crappy teeth. Her molars have come in and they are not calcified so they are a cavity nightmare. If things don't get better they are talking prescription strength toothpaste. Really? I had no idea there was such a thing.

2 comments:

Webmaster said...

All I can say is "Oy veh."

Angela said...

I can't believe Braden knows what a bay leaf is. : )