1. Having an allergy to milk is not the same as being lactose intolerant. With a milk allergy you are allergic to the casein and whey. Lactose intolerance is your body lacking the enzyme lactase to break down the milk sugars.
2. Just because Olivia has a limited vocabulary and she is not speaking in coherent sentences does not mean she has a speech delay. I racked my brain and came up with 7 words she can say, so I will not take her to a speech therapist anytime soon. I did teach her a few signing words for things that I know she wants.
3.Wheat allergy. Braden is low on the scale for this one but I am still taking in the seriousness of it. In children who have a wheat allergy it tends to become more prominent with age and the symptoms more aggressive. If left untreated it can lead to a lot of chronic pain and some autoimmune disease. My first thought was celiac disease because of the gluten. Well apparently there are 4 different parts of the wheat you can be allergic to. Just because you have one does not mean you are allergic to the others.
4. I realize that it is cold outside but I am freezing. Shouldn't I be hot or warmer then usual? I walk around in my coat sometimes and sleep with my electric blanket on high.
5. Legos and light bright pegs= food for my vacuum cleaner.
6. Yesterday at the Dr. office Olivia was being weighed and measured for her well baby visit. The nurse politely asked if I knew she was "big" for her age. I laughed because it does not take a rocket scientist to see that she is clearly taller then the tots her age.
7. We have been using the Up and Up brand of diapers on Olivia for a while. The last package that I bought I could tell they changed them. They did not feel the same, they felt thinner and sounded crunchier. Sure enough within a day or two Olivia had a nasty diaper rash that would not go away. I tried balmex, desitin, baby powder, changing her diaper obsessively and nothing was working. I switched back to the parents choice diapers and her rash went away almost overnight. I forgot how much I like the diapers anyway.
8. I have not had a Dr.Pepper for almost a week, I miss the taste and the carbonation. I will drink club soda sometimes just for the fizz and the burn in your nose.
No comments:
Post a Comment