March 21, 2010

1. I tried to eat a piece of candy today and Olivia popped her head up at the sound of the candy wrapper.

2. I have been nesting for almost a week. Painting, carpet cleaning, organizing, washing all the baby clothes and shoveling snow. Not to mention life's daily chores like cleaning, dishes and laundry.

3. Scott and I have talked about finishing the fence for almost a year. With the baby coming in a few weeks, I am panicking on how to keep Olivia contained and happy during the summer. Our property line in the back is littered with power, phone and cable lines. So, the fence will angel this way and that but at least we will have a fence. I didn't want to cut out a chunk of yard only to have to put a gate in the back and maintain the 2 foot stretch of grass. The posts were set on Friday only to be met with Snow that night, and lots of it.

4. I have a honey do list for Scott that I have started working on. He works full time and on the side he is starting up his own CPR business. Spare time to accomplish my bidding is coveted and I don't want it spent tightening screws and re-caulking the toilet(something I am attempting this week).

5. After Tuesday's Dr. appointment I am down to my weekly appointments. I am not ready. I still have lots of painting to do, a fence to finish and the front railing to paint and screw back into place. Okay, so Scott will do a lot of that but I will do the painting.

6. I am loving my iPhone most days, but it has glitches that make me want to swear and throw the blasted thing across the room. I am on my second phone and it's only been a month. I think Scott has gone through 5 or 6 of them. I am not a lover of all things Apple or Mac yet.

7. I am sick over this whole Obamacare that is being shoved down our throats. I need to think about other things and not how our taxes will be paying for someone to kill their unborn child. It will be a sad and pathetic day for our nation if it passes.

8. I have caught the neighbor kids several times walking in my flower beds. My hyacinths are smashed and after today my tulips might also be a casualty to their carelessness. If I could fence my whole yard I might consider it.


No comments: