1. High school will not matter when your 30 something and have a car full of kids.
2. Obsessive tanning of the skin leads to wrinkles, sun spots and looking older then you are.
3. The world does not revolve around you and your drama.
4. That boy you had a crush on will someday be bald, fat and going nowhere.
5. All those skinny popular girls will grow up and become moms and have the child bearing ring hips like the rest of us.
6. I wish I'd known that my parents had feelings to. I did not really "know" this until I became a mom myself. In my youth my parents were my personal ATM machine, providers of food and clothing, and sometimes the destroyers of my personal happiness.
7. I wish I'd known there are unseen consequences for your actions.
8. Education really is important, not something to stifle your free spirit.
9. Rules were made by people who know more then you do, so follow them, you will be happier in the long run.
10. I wish I'd understood what my brother meant when he told me that I don't need a man, to define who I am. It could have saved me a lot of heartache.
11. I wish I'd known that you can't blame your problems on your parents your whole life. It's never their fault, you have to learn personal responsibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment