Today I am the best mom ever!!
Well at least my kids think I am. They
were mad that I found them a ride to church.
So I made brownies with chocolate
frosting, their favorite. We also made
about 4 batches of playdough since the
other stuff was dried out and a nasty
brownish orange color. Growing up I think
we were to poor to buy the real stuff
we were to poor to buy the real stuff
so my mom made our playdough. Call me
crazy but I think the homemade stuff is softer
and the colors are better.
Playdough
1 cup flour1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
beet, spinach, and carrot juice
Mix flour, salt and oil, and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Turn out onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency. Add food coloring.
*As a side note I ran out of cream of tartar and substituted it with pure corn starch. Looks and feels the same.
Braden's volcano.


4 comments:
Thanks for the Playdough recipe...Looks super fun!!
Ahhhh, that looks like good times. That's the recipe that we use for playdough as well, it's super stuff. I don't buy it either, it's too expensive, it stinks and it's not near as soft as the homeade kind.
I remember making play dough for my nusery kids... Bad idea! I thought I'd never get it out of the church carpet.
Ok, have to clear something up. Mom made most things homemade when we were little. I think we were lucky that way. I was nearly a teenager before I knew you could make a cake or brownies from a box. We had plenty of playdough from the store, you just don't remember. But when she made it at home, that was special.
Post a Comment