October 11, 2010

1. With your first kid you are the typical uptight, over reacting mom.  By the time the 3rd, 4th or even 5th comes along, you tend to be pretty relaxed.  Example: When Braden was almost 2 he drank a bottle of infant gas drops, I called poison control and was pretty upset.  Today Olivia ate a beano pill and I didn't give it a second thought. (Side note: all poison control said was, "well at least he will be gas free for awhile.")

2. Four kids, two grocery stores, no real shopping list = bad idea. I now understand why my mom would leave us in the car at the store growing up. I also understand why my mom would try to hide the snickers bar she would buy.  I do the same thing, I share sometimes because I remember how much I loved it when my mom would give me a bite of hers.

3. Kids are on a fall break for a week.  That means I can sleep in and not be on a time schedule.

4. On Saturday we were in the car and Tristen said, "Mom, I have an important paper for you." It was the reminder that Friday was an early release day.  That would have been good information to know on Thursday night.  I was in Olathe when the school calls at 1:15 to tell me they got out at 1:00.

5. It's been a week since I had to take a Zofran and no nausea for two days.

6. Olivia likes to play with my phone.  If you are the recipient of her prank calls or even blank emails, I'm sorry.  I finally put a lock on my phone.  Today I was supervising her game playing on the phone when I told her that I needed it for a minute.  She exited out of her game and got into the Facebook AP and handed it to me. What am I teaching my kids? 

7. I really want some cooler weather.  We are almost mid October and still way above average for this time of year. YUCK!!

No comments: