* I have a stack of books by my bed from the library and I want to read everyone of them. I know most will be returned unread because my darling kids keep me busy. I have decided to check out one book at a time, maybe this will prevent my growing debt to the library. I pay the darn fines and before ya know it I'm blocked again. My Mom would be horrified if she knew. Me, I just really don't care. It's still cheaper to pay the .30 a day fine for an overdue book then it is to buy it.
* It seems as though we are headed for another drought this summer. The rain is scarce and the ground is cracked and parched. In some spots where the grass has just died and blown away, the ground is splitting open and we are left with cracks that are 5 to 7 inches deep. I keep thinking of the little boy who, because of the drought last year, fell into a crack in the ground that was 14 in wide and 30ft deep and died. Okay so for the real story I was trying to tell. Livy and Molly were playing in the water yesterday and became bored, so I decided to look for spiders. We pulled the hose to the cracks in the ground and started filling the holes with water. After a few minutes, small spiders and beetles began fleeing for safety. Once the water was almost to the top the big spiders were forced out of hiding. When I say big, I'm talking Harry Potter size spiders. In the excitement of it all I might have smashed the ones with egg sacks, I don't care that we are in "their" home, they are on my property and I don't do spiders that could carry off a small dog. It was probably a total waste of water but my kids were having fun.
* So after the spider incident we were at Braden's baseball game later that evening. Scott was working down the street and came over to watch the game. He had to leave after a few minutes because they got a call. Livy watched the ambulance drive away and asked me where daddy was going.
ME: Someone called 911 so daddy had to go help them.
Livy: (perplexed look) Are they sick or are they dead?
ME: (giggling at her response)
Livy: Oh, at I think someone fell down a spider hole!
* I have just learned that the local pool has finally gated in the baby pool with a magnetic lock. I think this summer will not suck after all. If I can take 5 kids grocery shopping, I can take them to the pool where they can not escape. My sister has pointed out that my kids will prolly find a way to escape though. She is prolly right but I'm sure going to try.
* My favorite pre skinny jeans zip with no unsightly muffin top. I think I might cry. To bad it's hot enough to fry an egg on the sidewalk. They will just have to wait a few more months to kiss my curves.
* Went to find a picture on my phone this morning only to discover that all my pictures were gone. The last 6 months of pictures gone. I can only blame my lazy, procrastinating ways. Hope there are copies in my Hipstamatic app. Fingers crossed. I really should just get out my digital camera, it takes better quality pictures anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment