* My blog is so neglected. So many things I mean to write down but in my head I say to myself, "I won't forget this." Wrong, I forget every time.
* Molly and Asher are sleeping which means I have a few hours of semi quiet, So I will just talk about my kids.
* Livy came to me the other day with a tiny plastic dolphin and asked to take a bath. So I stated the water and continued on with life. I realized just in the nick of time that the water was still running. As I reached over to turn off the water, scolding Olivia for about flooding the bathroom, she looked up and in a loud and firm voice said "MOM, the water is for my dolphin." I wish I could see life as simply as my children do. While she saw the joy of playing with a toy dolphin, I saw the impending disaster of water flooding the bathroom.
* As is true with all home grown fruits and veggies, home grown lettuce tastes better then store bought lettuce. It's our first garden and so far we have had a handful of strawberries and tons of lettuce. I have carrots, cabbage, peas, green beans, onion, red peppers, cantaloupe and squash growing in the garden right now. I have the tomato plants on the deck along with my Parsley, Lavender and Basil. The Cilantro was a fail.
* Scott was wary of my enthusiasm for gardening because he has seen me go through periods of time where I could care less if anything survived in my yard. I blame it on being pregnant on and off for 10 years and now that I am done growing babies, I can grow plants in the yard. I'm sure I will be on mental probation until I show my ability to care for the plants and keep them alive all summer and into the fall. If it means having fresh produce that I didn't have to buy in a store, I'm going to try my best.
*Today I returned a skirt to Target and walked out of the store with cash in hand. This is huge only in that a trip to Target for a $10 bottle of laundry soap always turns into $65 dollar trip when you walk out of the store.
* I made a trip to Savers today and bought curtains for my bedroom and only spent $11. I wonder if Scott will notice.
* I need to take more pictures of my kids, I have only taken a few in the past 3 months. I guess I would be capturing "real" life, which means the littles would be half naked and covered in dirt. My littles have a knack for playing in the back yard and finding the one patch of mud and exploiting it.
No comments:
Post a Comment