May 4, 2013

Easter without pictures

* I only remember 1 Easter growing up as a child and it didn't involve elaborate Easter baskets and a ridiculous amount of candy. My parents tied little bags of jelly beans on the low hanging branches in the forest of trees by our house. We walked along a path my parents had chosen and I remember being enchanted by the bags of jelly beans. The path we followed brought us to an open area where a few big trees had fallen and our family sat on the fallen tree branches and we read from the scriptures.

* Thanks to Pinterest we baked our eggs instead of boiling them. Out of 5 dozen eggs about a dozen cracked open during baking. It was a fun thing to try but the eggs were pretty rubbery. Think I will stick to boiling them next time.

* I failed to get a pictures of the kids coloring the eggs. The control freak in me took over as the food coloring started to stain everything.

No comments: