September 26, 2008

P.E.T.A

We all have our strange and sometimes quirky behavior or beliefs but I have heard it all now. I was watching MSNBC and at the bottom of the screen they were running today's headlines which you would think is somewhat important right? Not today people. P.E.T.A has asked Ben and Jerry's, the ice cream people, to use BREAST milk instead of cow's milk. They said it will relieve suffering, I am assuming on the cow's part and offer a healthy alternative to ice cream. Well forgive me as I am choking on laughter here but who in their right mind would willingly put the spoon to their mouth and enjoy the experience. And my next question, where are you going to get the breast milk. Duh! I know from lactating women, but coming from someone with a low milk supply I would not be lining up to donate in P.E.T.A's behalf. Nor would I want to eat the breast milk laden ice cream of all the crack pot idiots out there who want to make a buck selling their liquid gold. Geez I am glad I am Lactose intolerant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gross! Geez, that's the stuff that makes us vegetarians look like nuts! Ugh! I have a love~hate relationship with PETA! They just never know where the heck to draw the line! That's horrid! And they really don't understand their bad rep ;) Come on now PETA!

Courtney said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Angela said...

C'mon Em, where is your sense of adventure!! : )

Anonymous said...

Do they really think these ideas over before they make these suggestions? I really wonder sometimes. That is just gross.

David and Colleen said...

David's mom made ice cream from her breast milk for their ward *U* David's mom said she had worked hard for that and wasn't gonna throw it out. ~_~ I think it's a little weird.

Leslie said...

We must of saw the same ticker. Jason about peed his pants.