Having a 4 month old makes it challenging to blog when I want. Right now Olivia is sleeping on the couch and Tristen is expressing herself artistically with funky scissors, making coupons for me. So I have tons to be grateful for so I am making a list.
I am thankful for...
1. Sisters. I have three and they are my dearest friends.
2. Family. I find great peace in knowing that my family is eternal.
3. Olivia. She is my miracle baby who almost wasn't. She is a morning dove, OK not really but she coos like one. Grandma Debbie woke up to her cooing yesterday and to Tristen asking questions like "who makes the trees?" and "who makes silver?"
4. Organic strawberry preserves
5. Down East Basics, who in about 7-10 business days will solve all my "Sunday Psycho Fat days". That is a whole other post. Thank you "Santa".
6. Hair color. I plucked out the offending silver hair back in March and Hoover damn if two more didn't grow back.
7. Nutella. Kinda random but Debbie introduced me to this yummy delight yesterday. My tummy thanks you, my thighs curse you.
8.For my Vegetarian heart, but steak loving tummy!
9. Stupid people because they are a wealth of entertainment.
10. Fat suckers, ya know the nifty garment that pulls all the bulge together and reorganizes it into smooth lines.
Might post more later my life is calling
3 comments:
Oh girl you make me laugh and cry all at once! I love being your sister and best friend!
em you are so hilarious! i totally love, love, love this post! love ya girl, gina
I enjoyed this honest December Thankful List.
One thing that is great about you is your quirky grateful thankfullness. There is no pretense with you. You are truly grateful, especially for the small things all the time. I love your abiltiy to laugh at yourself.
I have observed some individuals that PERFORM "thankfullness" and compile "witty" lists for their November Thanksgiving blogs using it as an entertainment forum to display their prideful and self-proclaimed wit for the entertainment of others, only to return to the "real" person for the balance of their lives with their normal blog scarcasim, judgements and their regular dark Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
I am grateful for daughter-n-laws who have a joyful spirit and kind heart such as yourself. They are those who are honestly seeking a peaceful and joyful countenance in themselves and seeking the good in others that they have NO DESIRE and take no pleasure in finding fault or offense with another. They recognize that to do so would bring them no joy and would crowd out the Spirit.
I appreciate that you value, recognize and enjoy the small and simple gifts. I have noticed that you seek daily sensitivity to the
Spirit. I have watched you working to be good and kind. I have observed both you and Scott seeking to be sensitive to the needs of others, and then acting on those observations and prompting. Both you and Scott offer no room in your heart to be offended or judgemental and would take no pleasure in it.
I have been inspired by your longings to be spiritualy uplifted and sensitive. I have also been blessed to observe the gratitude you both share for the unseen blessings that you enjoy.
I am grateful as you count, recognize and appreciate your blessings as it is carried in your heart and expressed through your actions and attitude. With you Emmy, gratitude, is not something that you just write about, it's something that you are!
Thanks for living your gratitude with me.
Post a Comment