March 29, 2011

Just rambling

1. Ten years ago today I married my best friend.  I love being married and having a car full of kids.

2.Target was out of the small round cake that I really wanted today so we went to Hy-Vee and bought cupcakes.  Apparently whipped frosting is standard in the bakery unless labeled otherwise.  I was, and still am, PISSED!  Hell hath no fury then a scorned pregnant woman, especially when it comes to food. A few tears were shed and I have moved on.  Strawberry Shortcake.

3. On the way to school this morning Braden read a sign on the side of the road that said "Giant kids sale." In the most serious voice he asked, "Mom, why are people selling their kids?" Tristen responded in a very sarcastic tone that they were not selling their kids but their clothes and toys.

4. Olivia wanted to ride the mechanical horse at the store today but I am a bad mom and told her the horse was sleeping. 

5. I went to the gas station the other day and was asked "are all those kids your?"  I find it amusing that people are amazed or perplexed as to why anyone would have so many kids.  If time, age and money were on my side I would have 5 more.

6. This is what came out of Olivia's mouth all in one day. "I hate you Mom!", "Go away", "leave me alone", "gimme some, gimme some, gimme some now, Please?"  She is picking up on the older kids (and I mean Tristen) sassy attitudes.

7. Where did my ankles go?

1 comment:

Ryan and Maria said...

Just so you know, I think you are pretty amazing! My hat is off to you lovely lady!!!